zondag 25 januari 2015

DIY leather skirt


Here I'll show you how to sew a leather skirt. You can also use this tutorial for any other fabric. Because my leather fabric has little flowers in it I made an other layer under the leather one. Otherwise you could see my underwear:-s 

You will need:
  • Leather fabric 80 cm
  • Normal black fabric 80 cm
  • piece of elasitc, waist size
  • sewing machine


Tutorial

Measure your waist, and de lengthe you want your skirt to be. Then cut a square from your folded fabric. Your square has to be length of your skirt and waist/2. Now you have 2 squares with the exact same size. Did you succeed?  I hope you did, let's move on to the next step.

Sew the side seams from top to bottom (red lines in this image). And than finish this part by sewing the under seam. (green line in this image) If you did the right thing you have a black little skirt now.


Now you do the same with your leather fabric. So you get 2 seperate skirts.
this is where you'll need your elastic band.
Step 1: Cut a piece of fabric which has the lenght of your waist and the height of your elastic + 1 cm x 2.
Step 2: Fold your elastic in this fabric.
Step 3: Sew the blue line in this image.


Now sew this elastic/ fabric band unto your 2 skirts. Take a look at the foto below, as you can see now you have 1 skirt. I didn't seem the leather fabric below. Becaus it already was pretty much finished.


I find it very hard to explain how to sew a skirt or anything else. Because for me every step is easy and I know what to do without a pattern or instruction. But I hope you understand what I did in this tutorial :-)
If you have any questions left please feel free to ask them. I'm ready to help you out.

~Lydia~







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten